A New Year’s Resolution – 3 Tips to Trim Down, Refocus and Measure PR Results
It’s that time of year when gyms are packed with motivated individuals ready to take 2018 by the horns and become slimmer, healthier, and more energized. Why not take those same resolutions and apply them at the office? Here the three tips to make this year your most productive one yet!
- Cut the Fat – Let go of Overpriced or Underutilized Programs
There are so many programs out there that help make a PR practitioners job easier. But, are you using them at all? Or, are there less expensive or even free tools you can use instead? Take time to audit your current paid tools and assess whether paying for a particular service is something that’s essential to your business.A few favorite FREE tools include:
- HARO (Help A Reporter Out) – Media opportunities delivered straight to your inbox three times a day. Get ready to pitch!
- Adobe Spark – This is great and the basic version is completely FREE! Adobe Spark allows you to create beautiful images that can be sized for social media, blogs, presentations, etc. There are tons of templates and examples to help get your creative juices flowing. Plus, it allows you to search and insert photos that are tagged as Creative Commons-licensed.
- UberConferece – Uber has changed the way we travel, why not let it also change the way we communicate with clients? The free version includes up to 10 participants, unlimited conferences, screen and document sharing, call recording, HD quality audio and more.
- Clean Out Your Digital Closet
Having an assortment of images, creative assets and videos that you can repurpose for social media, blogs, and press release is a time and money saver. However, is your library so big that you have trouble finding that specific file? It might be time to clean out your digital closet by performing an asset audit.Create an Excel table that includes all of your asset info including description, type of file, date created, date used, size, author and brief description. Add all of your multimedia content files to this spreadsheet and keep it updated as you add more to your library. It will be a time saver in the future for you and your team.
- Step on the Scale to Monitor Your Results
No one enjoys stepping on a scale, but everyone loves when those numbers start dropping! Measuring results is imperative for workouts and for public relations. Here are a couple of our favorite free tools for tracking results and measuring success.
- Bit.ly – Shorten and track results for links that you imbed in your press releases, blogs or social posts.
- Google Analytics URL Builder – Just fill out a few simple details you can collect information about the overall efficacy of your campaigns, and better understand where the campaigns are most effective.
Hopefully these tips help save you time and money this year so you can afford that gym membership and you actually have the time to workout!