Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) 2017
I hope everyone had a successful 2016 and is looking forward to an exciting 2017! It’s been a tough few years in oil and gas and it feels as though we’re finally turning a corner.
As we prepare for the Offshore Technology Conference (face it, it’s kick-off season), consider what you should be doing now in order to guarantee a successful show. If the items below aren’t in your communications program, it’s not too late to include them!
- OTC’s Spotlight on New Technology Awards – If you’re introducing a new, innovative technology at OTC, don’t forget to submit it for an award. OTC’s awards are the most prestigious; however, the submission deadline is just around the corner (literally). Consider applying if you haven’t before; remember, award recognition during a huge trade show offers free advertising, credibility and recognition amongst your peers! Click here to read the requirements and submit your application today.
- E&P Magazine’s Meritorious Awards (MEA) — Can’t make the OTC Technology Awards’ deadline? Don’t worry; you’ve got a little more time to submit an application for E&P’s MEAs, which are also given out during the show and offer the same perks. If you’re not familiar, learn more about the categories for submission and complete the application here— and entry is free!
- We can all agree I firmly believe that CONTENT IS KING. And submitting content to Hart’s OTC Show Daily is something everyone should pitch for. If you’re rolling out a new technology, reintroducing an existing technology or have something newsworthy to share, the Show Daily offers a large audience (all on-site), and can encourage your audience to come speak with you. The publication is not accepting content for the Show Daily yet, but editorial submissions are just around the corner — so get your material ready! And if you’ve got content ready to go, you should be pitching to the various trade publications for April and May coverage (usually the highest coverage months in the year).
- If you’re exhibiting at OTC and have exciting news to share (which we’ve already established that you do per the notes above), host a press conference! Hosting a press conference is a great way to encourage editorial coverage, but it’s also FREE and is a benefit of being a show exhibitor. Take advantage of opportunities like this when you can.
- OR… host a media tour through your booth and allow your managers and sales team to connect directly with editors, talk and look at products and showcase any other compelling material in your booth.
If you need any help coordinating these efforts, give us a call! We’re here to help and are already actively involved in obtaining earned editorial for our clients.
Have a great 2016 and see you in the New Year!